Riders back to winning ways

Saturday produced another strong game for Mass United as they took on Lincoln SC and looked to bounce back from a loss to Safira FC in week 3.

The game would start off high paced as both teams would work to find their rhythm in the match. The Riders would strike first in the 12th minute as Mohammed Saeed would recover a ball in the midfield and play Ibrahim Lewally in over the top for an outstanding one touch flick over the goal keeper.

Mass United would create many more chances and would capitalize next in the 26th minute as George Antonakas would intercept a ball in the midfield and link up with Mohammed Saeed who started a strong counter attack. He would link up with his brother Majid Saeed who then created a beautiful play with Lewally who would finally find Abdul Abdelaziz in the box to finish the play and result in another goal.

Mass United would control the rest of the first half but would have a costly injury as starting center back Roman Duccoterd would go down with a hamstring injury. Mitchell Tepe would step on and play exceptionally well for the rest of the first half and throughout the rest of the game.

The second half would bring more chances for Mass United but they could not capitalize on the opportunities. Lincoln would apply pressure and create many chances but the defense was sound and goalkeeper Patrick “JJ” Byrnes would come up big to keep the clean sheet. Mass United would ultimately win 2-0 to get back to winning ways in a tough hard fought game.

Next week the Riders will be on the road to take on International FC at 4 PM at 420 Main St Nashua, NH. The game can be viewed on mycujootv, search Mass United FC or click the link below


Mass United FC continue winning ways with 2-1 victory


This past Saturday’s game once again produced nothing short of entertainment and thrill. Mass United took on Boston Siege in a competitive match.

Boston Siege started off the game on the front foot and brought the pressure early. This would reward them with an early goal 8 minutes in after Mass United goal keeper would hit the ball off a Siege striker which resulted in a messy goal.

Mass United would settle into the game controlling possession throughout the rest of the first half. 35 minutes in Mohamed Saeed would create a chance in the box and draw a penalty which also resulted in a yellow card for the CDM for the Siege which would later on prove costly. Majid Saeed would capitalize the opportunity and bring the Riders level at 1-1.

Minutes later defender Jacob Conde would intercept a pass and start a counter attack which would lead to some creative link up play between Mohamed Saeed & Soufian Makane in the midfield and a strong one time finish from Abdul Abdelaziz. The goal would bring Mass United into the half up 2-1.

The second half would pick up where the first half left off with Mass United attacking and creating chances. Five minuets into the second half Boston Siege CDM would go in on a tackle studs up and receive his second yellow card bringing the Siege to 10 men for the second week in a row. This would be costly for the Siege as they would chase the rest of the game down a man.

Mass United could not capitalize being a man up as the Boston Siege goalkeeper was sound making 4 huge second half saves to keep his team in the game. Ultimately the 2 first half goals were enough to give Mass United the well deserved victory. Catch Mass United FC this week as they take on Safira FC at Dilboy Stadium Somerville, MA at 7 PM.

Mass United open UPSL season with a win

Mass United FC UPSL team 2018

The kickoff to Mass United FC’s season did not disappoint. The Riders started off the season against Juve-Pro FC under the lights at Arlington HS yesterday.

The game started off chippy and physical as expected. Mass United came out firing on all cylinders creating a few earlier chances however they could not capitalize.

About 25 mins in Mass United surrendered a free kick at the top of their box. Juve-Pro would capitalize on the opportunity scoring from a rebound off the free kick.

The lead would not last long as creative play on the wing from Soufian Makan would lead to a link up with Abdul Abdelaziz and eventually a goal would come from Emmett Dixon in his impressive debut.

The teams would go into the half tied 1-1. The second half would pick up where the first half left off in a physical back and forth manner.

In the 75th min Ibrahim Lewally would come on for the goal scorer Dixon and make an immediate impact. In the 82nd Lewally would get taken down in the box producing a penalty. Majid Saeed would capitalize on the opportunity and Mass United would take the lead and hold on the rest of the game.

Catch Mass United FC in their next game Saturday April 21 at Arlington HS as Mass United FC take on Boston Seige.

Boston Pro Scouting Combine Announced!


New England Pro Soccer Academy Announced

Cup Qualifying Run Continues

Intensity and focus were on display before the match. Top: Mikhaeil Tadros; Bottom: Charlie McMahon

Medford, MA– Mass United advanced to the state final in qualifying for the 2018 US Open Cup on Saturday night with a 2-0 win over Safira FC at Hormel Stadium in Medford. A tight battle throughout, it took a #SCTop10-worthy goal from 40 yards out by Soufiane Makane and a stoppage time penalty from Majid Saeed to reach the final scoreline. United will now face Kendall Wanderers next month in the Massachusetts final.

The scoring opener from Makane came in the 56th minute and got both the crowd and United bench to their feet. The 18-year-old deftly avoided two defenders to free himself and seeing the keeper a little out of place, delivered the perfect shot, arching just out of reach and into the top right corner to give United the lead. Majid Saeed would cap off scoring and the match with a goal from the spot in the final moments of stoppage time.

Although Safira’s technical skill was evident throughout, it was not enough to break through, being thwarted time and again by the United defense. United owner Jim Antonakas said, “It was a total team effort,” adding, “I’m very proud of our guys.”

Head Coach Stefano Franciosa (L) and owner Jim Antonakas (R) before the match at Hormel Stadium in Medford.


Yassine Smissame
Carl Smith
Jeffery Thomas
Mickael “Roman” Ducotterd
Mikhaeil Tadros
Ibrahim Lewally
Charles McMahon
Mohamed Saeed
Romeo Zeqo
Soufiane Makane
Majid Saeed
George Antonakas
Manuel Augusto Fortes Jr.
Alvenso Honore
Mitchel Tepe
Nikolas Valley


United Advances in US Open Cup

Medford, MA.- Mass United FC survived Southie FC in Round 1 of the US Open Cup on Saturday, although it took 120 minutes and 6 rounds of penalty kicks (4-3) to do so. Extra time was necessary thanks to a stoppage time penalty kick awarded to United when substitute Manuel Augusto Fortes Jr was hammered to the ground in the box. Majid Saeed finished the PK for his second goal of the game, denying Southie what they had to have considered an all-but-sure victory just moments earlier. Southie had fought back from a goal down to take a 2-1 lead, then a 3-2 lead moments after United had pulled even.

Southie started strong, keeping United off balance and turning to deal with aggresive forwards Timothy Ritter and Michael Soboff. Also applying pressure was winger John Bavota, whose hard work would pay off towards the end of the first half. Despite the early advantage for Southie it was Mass United that would open scoring in the 32nd minute when Majid Saeed took a feed from his brother Mohamed and worked himself free enough to bury a short bender into the top right corner to give United a 1-0 lead. Southie equalized just before the half when a mishit clearance rolled to Bavota who danced past a defender and lifted a shot that was pushed not quite over the bar by keeper Oli Gunnarsson, bouncing off the bar, then Gunnarsson’s back and into the net.

An inadvertent hand ball in the 52nd minute gave Southie a chance at the lead which they did not squander, Thomas Ballenthin converting the PK and giving the boys in neon their first lead of the day at 2-1. United would push right back with a few dangerous opportunities, leading to a 75th minute goal by defender Mikhael Tadros on a rebound of a Charlie McMahon free kick that keeper Colin O’Donnell knocked down but could not control. United’s joy was very short-lived however as Southie would take advantage of miscommunication in the United defense to take their lead back just 3 minutes later. After several close calls in the waning minutes of regulation, a decisive run into the box by United’s Fortes Jr. led to a collision that sent him hard to the ground and gave United a penalty shot. Majid Saeed calmly converted and we were off to a scoreless extra time.

United faces Safira FC in Round 2 on September 21st at Hormel Stadium in Medford, MA. Kick off is at 7pm.

U.S. Open Cup Player Announcements



Mass United FC to compete in 2018 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Sept 23rd

Read the Story From U.S. Soccer Here


Mass United Defeats Atoms 4-1

Mass U Goal Scorers:

Alvenso Honore (2)

Mitchel Tepe (1)

Mohamed Saeed (1)

Atoms Goal Scorers:

Yusuf Hamza (1)